Looking for a new style to rock this weekend? We’ve got you covered with this Cotton Candy Bun hair tutorial!
WHAT YOU NEED:
HOW TO CREATE THE COTTON CANDY HAIR BUN:
1. Flip your head over and create a high ponytail on top of your head.
2. Use a smoothing brush as you create your ponytail to ensure it is bump-free. Secure your high pony with an elastic.
3. Spray the hair in the ponytail with hairspray.
4. Wrap a small piece of hair around your ponytail to hide the elastic. Secure it with a bobby pin.
5. Take small sections of hair from your ponytail and heavily back comb them with your teasing comb. Yes, you will look crazy after this step!
6. If needed, spray your smoothing brush with a bit of hairspray to gently smooth the top layer of your back combing out.
7. Now gently take your teased up ponytail and wrap it around itself, creating a tall textured bun.
8. Use bobby pins to secure your bun, pinning along the outer perimeter.
9. Gently mold your newly fashioned cotton candy hair bun to the finished shape you desire and spray with hairspray.
Make sure to send us a picture of your recreating this style and tag us on instagram @thebeautypin!
Video by Ella Ianotti
As featured on Latest Hairstyles
Mixing glam with casual is always the way to go… Especially if you are unsure of the dress code! Stay warm this holiday season in a sequin sweater and add some statement shoes for an extra fun pop! We love this bag by GiGi New York… It pulls the purple and gold all together! What are you wearing this holiday season? Tag us on instagram with the #sequinsaturday.
Photos by Erin Mcginn
Big Thanks to Latest-Hairstyles for featuring our latest tutorial! Learn how to do this knotted side braid, a perfect quick and casual style for the holiday rush!
1. Create a large diagonal forward section of hair behind your ear.
2. Split the section into three equal subsections. Apply a bit of pomade to your hand (about half the size of a dime) and smooth out each section. This will help make a smooth, clean braid. Begin braiding (a basic, three-strand braid) this section, keeping medium tension on the braid. You do not want this braid too tight or too loose.
3. Braid almost all the way down to the ends of your hair, leaving one to two inches left below where you stop the braid.
4. Take two of the sections and combine them to make one larger section (you will now only have two sections, one small and one large).
5. Take the smaller section and carefully slide it up the braid.
6. Keep sliding the smaller section up to the top of the braid.
7. Now slide the section back down to create a looser “s” pattern braid.
8. Wrap the snake braid around the back of your head and pin in place. Spray with a medium hold hairspray to add extra hold and tame any flyaways.
*TIP* Lift a small section of hair up and pin your snake braid below it. Drop the hair down so that it conceals where you pinned the braid in place.
Read the whole story, and see more tutorials like this at Latest-Hairstyles.com!
It’s amazing the things you can do with separates, and if you find a fun sequin set like this one from H&M, Holiday outfit ideas are endless! Here is an easy day to night look you should try this season.
Keeping it simple with black shoes, bag, skinnies and a jacket is a must when wearing a statement top! Adding gold accents, like a belt, hardware on a bag and some jewelry, complements the look nicely. Keep your hair in loose waves for an effortless chic style, that transitions nicely into a messy teased pony for later!
Photos by Erin Mcginn